Maclean Cut – Pacific Highway Upgrade Woolgoolga to Ballina
Project description –
On behalf of the Australian and NSW governments, Roads and Maritime Services is progressively upgrading the Pacific Highway to dual carriageway between the Hunter and NSW/Queensland border. The Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade involves the duplication of 155 kilometres to a four-lane divided road. The upgrade starts about six kilometres north of Woolgoolga (north of Coffs Harbour) and ends about six kilometres south of Ballina.
The Maclean Cut package of work is part of the Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade. SEE Civil is working collaboratively with Roads and Maritime Services and Pacific Complete to deliver this part of the Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade.
The Maclean Cut package include the construction of pavement crossovers and widening at the Maclean cut area and foundation treatment of the Yamba Interchange area.
Our work at the Maclean Cut and Farlows Flat includes:
- Cleaning, grubbing, topsoil stripping and bulk earthwork
- Foundation work and material placement
- Installation of drainage and scour protection
- Installation of permanent fencing and road furniture barrier.
Our work at the Yamba Interchange area includes:
- Removal of the existing pavement
- Foundation treatments including installation of drainage layer and wick drains
- Placement of surcharge material
- Installation of surcharge monitoring equipment
- Installation of temporary and permanent drainage
- Temporary stabilisation of earth embankments.
The completion of pavement crossovers and widening work at MacLean Cut and Farlows Flat will allow for future traffic staging in this area for the main alignment of the Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade. The foundation treatment if the Yamba Interchange area will allow for main civil work to continue in the area.
- Location - Pacific Highway near Yamba
- Start Date - December 2017
- Completion Date - In progress
- Value - $17.9M
- Client - Roads and Maritime Services