Empire Industrial Estate – Earthworks and Civil Construction
Project Description –
The Empire Industrial Estate covers 127ha with 10 proposed development stages. SEE Civil has undertaken civil construction work for stages 1 -5, with further stages under construction. Each stage of the project requires significant earthworks including large cut and fill portions. Drill and blast construction has been required to excavate large quantities of rock with excavated rock then crushed on site using SEE Civil crushing equipment. Crushed material was reused onsite as drainage aggregate and other rock products. SEE Civil’s own RockBlock was also manufactured on site and used to construct more than 1000m2 of retaining wall, up to 9m in height in some sections.
Civil construction works at Empire Estate are an excellent example of SEE Civil’s integrated capabilities including civil construction, crushing and screening, the use of our RockBlock product and our machinery and fleet management.
SEE Civil’s commitment to their relationship with The Stephens Group has resulted in ongoing packages at the Empire Industrial Estate.
Scope of Works –
- More than 1,2000,000m3 of cut and fill earthworks to date (works ongoing)
- Planned future earthworks exceeding 1,500,000m3</sup)
- More than 250,000m3 of hard rock blasting
- More than 50,000 tonne of blasted material was crushed on site using SEE Civil crushing equipment
- 1000m2 retaining wall up to 9m in height constructed from site-manufactured RockBlock. Some wall sections were founded on piles due to ground conditions
- More than 40,000m2 pavements constructed with a further planned 50,000m2 in future stages
- 445mm deep pavements constructed
- Earthwork production rate of 5,000m3 per day to achieved desired programme
- Civil works to facilitate the development of large industrial and commercial facilities on estate lots.
- Location - Peachy Road, Yatala
- Start Date - April 2015
- Completion Date - Ongoing
- Value - $20M
- Client - The Stephens Group