Bayshore Drive Roundabout
Project description –
SEE Civil was awarded the construction of a new two-lane, concrete gateway roundabout at the intersection of Bayshore Drive and Ewingsdale Road in Bryone Bay in March 2018.
The completion of this project will significantly improve traffic flow on one of Byron’s busiest intersections and will provide easy access to the Arts & Industrial Estate to many business owners and visitors. The complexties of this project include complex traffic management and staging, assest relocations including a council water main, overhead powerlines and Telstra services.
Scope of works:
- Relocation and road crossing of major services including water reticulation, electrical and communications.
- Construction and renewal of stormwatyer drainage box culverts, pipes and headwalls
- Demolition and removal of existing AC sealed pavement
- Construction of asphalt pavement at each approach to the roundabout
- Concrete works including kerb and gutter, RMS R82 lean mix concrete subbase, RMS R83 SFRC Roundabout pavement, central concrete roundabout aprn and footpaths
- All traffic management for during a 3-stage construction – traffic was maintained in each direction througout construction
- Kerbside median and traffic island construction
- Temporary and final linemarking and signage
- Liasion with key stakeholders including the nearby community
- Location - Byron Bay, New South Wales
- Start Date - April 2018
- Completion Date - due early 2019
- Value - $5.7 million
- Client - Byron Shire Council
- Consultant - Ardill Payne & Partners