Bangalow Bridge Replacement Project
Project description –
The Bangalow Bridge Replacement project, in the Byron Shire, is replacing the existing Booyong, Parkers, James, O’Mearas and Scarrabelottis bridges, near Bangalow in northern New South Wales.
The current bridges are ageing, timber bridges with restrictive load limits (between 3 and 15 tonne) inhibiting vehicle movements to and from nearby businesses and properties. The bridges will be replaced with new steel bridges.
SEE Civil was awarded the contract to replace all five bridges in April 2018.
Scope of works:
- Management of existing overhead power (two bridge sites) and existing Telstra services (three bridge sites) including some relocation.
- Traffic control including full long-term closure (12 weeks) at most bridge sites.
- Environmental controls including flora and fauna management and erosion and sediment control.
- Clearing and grubbing (and disposal) at each bridge site, including minimisation of clearing limits and impacts where possible.
- Earthworks to construction bridge accesses, abutments and temporary launch platforms.
- Construction of slope stabilisation, foundations for bridge launch, foundations for permanent bridge, abutments and scour protection.
- Dismantle and salvage existing timber bridges and existing steel bridge to a nominated location.
- Assembly, launching, installation and securing of modular steel bridges including barrier rails, bridge decks and surface treatments.
- Construction of retaining and short ramp ledge support walls.
- Construction of approach roads earthworks, pavement works and seal.
- Location - Bangalow, New South Wales
- Start Date - April 2018
- Value - $4.7M
- Client - Byron Shire Council